– Limit Sun Exposure. There is no greater joy than feeling the warmth of the sun upon our skin. Yet, it would behoove us to be mindful that early sun/UV exposure will cause premature aging. One of the most important routines one should practice is applying sunscreen before venturing outdoors. More importantly, cover up by wearing a large brimmed hat to protect your face. I can’t tell you how many times my mother would repeat this to me!
– Feed your body whole foods daily i.e., fresh fruits and vegetables (especially leafy greens), mushrooms, seaweed, tofu, grains, legumes, wild fish, fermented foods and probiotics. Eat the right foods because it will end up taking care of you!
– Cook your own food as opposed to eating out! Get to know what you put into your body.
– Reduce, or eliminate processed “man-made” manufactured foods. They contain sugar, additives and toxins which will increase premature aging and adversely affects ones overall health.
– Consume lots of water to keep your skin hydrated and refrain from any kind of soda. Yes, this includes diet.
– Add green tea to your daily beverage intake.
– Move your body as much as possible to keep the blood flowing! More oxygen means your skin will glow!
– Start the day with curiosity in mind and live in the present moment!